View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Teach beat me to it on the crock pot...It's terrific for fall off the bone yummy ribs. And I'm with Laurie...go for pork, not beef...less tough

I haven't ventured to the full slow cook for hours crock pot...Just put the ribs with some seasonings and barbeque sauce in the pot on high for an hour or two. Then finish them off on the grill... The barbeque sauce kinda soaks into the meat from the crock pot cooking. When the ribs are almost ready on the grill, I add a little extra sauce to finalize things...but I love barbeque sauce.

Marle, my mouth is watering...sounds so good!

Love the cooking hints! Mary, in case whoever passed that helpful hint onto you didn't tell you, baking soda for grease fires...works like a charm.

Cooking hint #5. If you are making cobbler and it says to melt some butter on the bottom of the pan, don't melt it on the stove in a glass Pyrex cake pan. Pyrex is great in ovens, not on stove tops...makes a real nice explosion of glass and hot butter....Don't ask me how I know...or why I wouldn't have figured that out without having to try it myself