View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Frog_2hop

In my state my lawyer can get the treatment records if necessary for court. Not sure if it is in yours.
Also, I agree that it is time to talk to a lawyer. I called around and went to every 'free consultation' that I could so I could have a sense of what multiple lawyers thought of my situation before I chose one. When I found one that jumped out at me as the 'perfect fit' for me, I stayed there. I feel by hearing all the perceptions made it so I have a better sense of what his lawyer might think of the situation if he were ever to hire one. I learned later too that he cannot use any that I talked to.
What all of them told me is that although my journal isn't 'legal' it would be extremely helpful if this ever gets to be fight (at this point it isn't, but getting close). So I suggest you journal, journal, journal!!!! The other benefit to journaling is if something were to ever happen to you (car accident or whatever) others can protect your son better if they have information. I wrote down everything that I thought would be helpful for my sister-in-law to fight for custody of my children if something were to happen to me.