View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 03:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
frankly
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Greet))

Something I have noticed in each step of recovery I take, when it's real recovery, I'm tested. Something happens, usually something pretty bad. And I'm faced with a decision, do I deal with the situation in my old manner, or do I find the strength and faith to face it head on and not let it drag me back into my hole.

I believe you and your daughter are being tested. I also believe, since both of you are so shocked about this young man, that this may be HP's way of exposing his true self, making sure that there is no chance EVER of her getting back with him or even associating with him. Maybe it is protecting her from some horrible event in the future. Either way, stand strong, don't allow this event to hurt your recovery. Keep using your tools, you can't control his actions, just your reaction.

With that said, I would suggest that you contact your state attorney's office, ask for a meeting, tell them that you want purgery charges brought against the man and charges filed for filing a false police report. Sit down right now and write down everything that happened from the very beginning. Don't let a lot of time pass before you do this, important details may be lost. Have your daughter and friend do the same. Make waves. If you can, contact an attorney, find out why your daughter was essentially evicted without due process. She lived there, she had certain rights. Those rights were violated. Read up on eviction laws.

Take deep breaths, do what you can, then grab your daughter and go do something togeather that helps you relax. Set it aside, don't let it take one second more of your presious time (and vacation?). It will all still be there later. Go get your hair done, do something that will make you laugh, I know, you think I'm crazy, as stressed as you both are, how can you do that and laugh. That's exactly why you do it, to releive the stress and anxiety, keep the damage it causes to a minimal. Go to a comedy show, force yourself to do it.

That's all just my thoughts, I hope some of it helps. Know you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

B