View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 03:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
outonalimb

This is insane, Greet!

I just can't believe it! I can't believe that the police would give any of this the time of day. Does he have a family member or friend in law enforcement??? It sounds like someone was doing him a 'favor'. Unreal.

Please hire an attorney...one that can get these silly charges dropped and then maybe another one who can sue the pants off the police department and maybe even the EX boyfriend. The police have abused their power. In our state, the police cannot arrest someone for a misdemeanor unless it is committed in their presence (with the exception of domestic violence). The police will probably deny that she was under arrest...merely detained for questioning...but they detained her against her will and that IS an arrest no matter what they try to claim.

I'm so sorry about all of this. I defend our local police department against civil lawsuits all the time. Its a big part of my job description. If a complaint like this came across my desk, I'd be worried.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today...I'm so sorry that your daughter has to go thru this heartache at the hands of someone she loved. What a shame. I'm just grateful that she has such a strong, loving mom at her side to help her thru it. I'm struggling to understand how something like this could fit into HPs plan. I'm sure you are too but don't lose faith. Your HP has things under control.

Love and prayers...