View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

(((Momsrainbow)))

The rainbow is the sign of the new covenent G*D made with the Jews following the Flood. (Gen 6-9)
Life: God saves the family of Noah (6:18), telling them to be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth (9:1, 7)
Diet: they may now also eat animals, but may not eat/drink their blood, and may not shed human blood (9:2-6)
Covenant: God promises not to destroy the whole human race again through a flood (9:8-11)
the "sign" of this covenant: the rainbow set in the clouds each time it rains (9:12-17)
http://catholic-resources.org/Bible/Covenants.htm

I think it's wonderful that your name depicts this covenant! And it's quite a portent, too.
Sometimes, our tears threaten to drown us in another flood. But, G*D has promised this won't happen.

It's so nice to hear that you're turning around. And that others are witnessing the covenant coming true. I remember all to well the first time I laughed spontaneously following the discovery of my son's addiction. It was amazing that I ever remembered how to do so after all I had been through!

But, momsrainbow, SR works only when you work it. The eforts made by yourself are what reap the rewards. We are here only as a guide. It is you who must walk the walk and grow through the pain. Please remember to give yourself credit, each and every time you recognize your growth in your recovery.

Recognize the promise made in the rainbow. You are its fullfillment.

Shalom!