View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Morning Glory
Administrator

CJ,

You are welcome to share your personal experience and work it through. When it goes beyond that and talks about an organization as a whole that other members of the forum are using for their recovery it goes beyond your personal experience and turns into an agenda against a recovery program. That opens up the forum for heated debate and eventually gets out of control.

When I moderate this forum my thoughts are always to keep the forum up and running. There have been forums here similar to this one that have been closed down in the past when it got out of control and couldn't be fixed.

I am not secular, but my faith based beliefs are so rare that there is no forum here that I can post on. I understand more than anyone what it's like to feel isolated and struggle to fit in. I am in the minorities of minorities. There has never been another person who has ever posted on the boards that share my beliefs and the recovery method I use, but I've been able to grab a lot from other's posts that have helped me through my struggles. I could sit here and talk all day about what bothers me about the churches and complain about what is being taught in church and complain about how hurt I've been by the churches, but that would be an agenda that doesn't fit in on the recovery forums here. I discuss those issues on another forum.

The problem has been that any secular or alternative recovery forum has turned into an AA bashing forum and I'm trying to avoid that here. If everyone can keep it to personal experience and actual problems they are having it helps avoid the problems we've had before.