View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 02:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Anodyne

Bugs crawling on your skin?

Hey. I recently went my longest in years without a drink..a whopping (sic) 13 days. Then I slipped and went on a three day binge. I shook it off and dried out, and have not had a drink since early Saturday.

Nor have I been sleeping all that well for a while.

This morning, after about three hours sleep, I woke up and called in a little late to work to try and get some more sleep, but it felt like little bugs crawling on my skin, and every time I swiped or scratched, there was nothing there.

Now, tonight (it's 4 am) I was reluctant to try and sleep again for fear of it recurring..I thought I had tiny bugs in my bed. But when I sat in bed and read, it was fine, but as soon as I laid down, it started again.

I changed my sheets, searched extensivly for any kind of bug, and find nothing,
But now that my mind is on it, I can still feel it, a good half hour later, right now as I type this.

I've read some online that this is more common in women, especially ones going through menopause, but can also be caused by meth use.

I am a flat out drinker, no drugs.
Has this happened to anyone else?

It kind of scares me, because while one thing I saw said prolonged lack of decent sleep can cause this, others have said it is a sign of psychosis. :\

Any ideas? I've occassionally felt it before, but never badly or contiuously.