View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
jane_668

Sometimes Love is not enough

Hello Marle, I was reading the threads here because I wanted to know how my drug using effects my family.I was really touched by the efforts you are doing to keep connection with your daughter.I am an addict who's only 11 days clean but I want to tell you not to ever think that your daughter doesnot love.She's just probably feeling guilty and helpless.Addiction is hard because no matter how hard you want to help the addict,only he/she will have to endure the pain of withdrawals. Your daughter is lost and donot want any help because fighting an addiction is one of the hardest things to ever do in life.It's very painful.Do you think she's happy losing everthing for drugs.But you should never lose hope.Do not think that she's not ready now & wait till she's ready.No addict is ever ready to quit but he have to do it.So keep trying to contact her & donnot blame her,just show her that if she is willing to quit you'll support.She may actually die and so try to do something before it's too late.If you are counting on her to get clean by her self,she won't.just try to reach her no matter how hard it's.