View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oneeyeopen
Awaiting Email Confirmation

strategy to stay away from the Ex

Here is some thing I thought up as a way to keep me from the exabf -- I have been telling everyone about what happened , I mean the total truth, he is a drug addict, he is an alcoholic, I couldn't take it, he treated me like crap, he stole from me, etc etc etc.

This had two advantages, one is it keeps reminding me of how awful the relationship had been for me. Number two -- if I ever consider getting together with him again I will have a mob of people who will tell me I am crazy! And lots of people to reinforce that breaking up was the right thing to do (not that I doubt it, but I do have these weak moments)

I wrote an e-mail to the exabf giving him a break down of what he owes me and asking him to pay it back. he writes back saying that the deal we made still stands in his mind -- he gives me 200 bucks a month...well, lets see, that deal we made haas only been fulfilled once. I rather like the idea of the monthly reminder that someone said they do with their ex. Any company you owe money to would do the same.

Here we go -- think practical, not emotional.

Yeah, broke the no contact rule, but I figured I would give him a chance to do something about the debt before I went to his parents about it.