Thread: worried
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
marle

Susan, I have hated my daughter so much that I prayed to God that He let her die. Went through a long period of that. My daughter is with a 37 year old crack addict who is verbally and physically abusive. In the beginning she tried to convince me that she loved him. They have absolutely nothing in common except drugs and have never known each other straight. My daughter and most likely yours are with the men they are for one reason-drugs. Drugs are so powerful that addicts will put up with all kinds of abuse to get them. I took everything away from my daughter except I do pay $50 a month for a basic health policy for her. Actually your daughter probably will qualify for Medicaid should she need it. The one thing that you have to get your mind around and a thing that was so hard for me to grasp for so long is that what your daughter is doing is not personal. Feel the anger if that is what it takes for you not to enable. Someday you will feel love and compassion for her. Just be careful that you don't feel guilt for hating her. Addicts take advantage of that. Just know you are normal and going through a normal stage. Hugs, Marle