View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by marle View Post
Yup jail would be a dream come true right now. She told my husband that she is doing better because they can't afford a lot of drugs right now. Ahhh the thinking of an addict. Also was p*ssed at me that I would accuse her of shooting heroin. Told me that she had more self-respect than that, but she does smoke crack too. Something she said she would never, ever do. I guess in her warped way she considers not shooting heroin means that she is not that bad yet. I told her that YET was the big question mark. She also didn't remember that she still had health insurance and when we told her 90 days of rehab would only cost her $2500 she said that was a lot of money and then turned around and told me she was at least $10,000 in debt. Addict thinking is so frustrating. One can really see the damage that has been done. I just know that there is not one thing that I can do to help her. And there is not one thing that I want to do to help her. Strange that a year ago, I would have jumped through hoops to give her back that middle class lifestyle. Today I just pray that she lives long enough to gain back some semblance of a life. Hugs, Marle

Well maybe jail detox is what someone up there thinks she needs as opposed to rehab detox. She's just making it that much harder on herself, which could be a
good thing. I will never forget how miserable I was coming off of meth, not as bad as heroin I'm sure, but I don't give a rats ass what drug was worse, lol, I was in
hell and I am so glad, because I don't ever want to go there again.
And maybe that is what she needs, for it to be something she won't forget.
I just went through a heroin detox with a teenager, and it's not fun at all.
But they live. It kind of seems like she is just waiting for something bigger than
her to intervene. I'd be afraid of with drawels if I was her too. She must really be afraid, lets not forget about the Bratwurst.
I'm so glad she's okay, and try not to every worry about her hating or forgetting
about you, it's not going to happen...

Your an Angel.....