View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Barbara52

Originally Posted by riqui1 View Post
You know, so far this forum has not helped me in any way decide that Al-Anon is something that will work for me. I came on here looking for people to talk to that may have shared similar problems and may be able to offer me advice on how to handle things. Now, don't get me wrong, I realize that you all have a great amount of wisdom and you see that I may be making mistakes, but I REALLY did not expect to have to be justifying every single thing that I have shared with you, nor did I expect to feel as if I had to defend myself. I was excited when I found this place because I need help (for me), but now I am developing a serious disappointment in the way that this help is being given.
It may be that this isn't a place you find helpful. I certainly did and I think if you give it time you may also. I truly doubt that anyone meant to make you feel unwelcome but folks here do tend to cut to the chase so to speak. An awful lot of painfully gained wisdom exists in here. Its not always comfortable to hear these things.

Your husband may have reached his bottom, his turning point. We can't know one way or the other. You may be able to stay with him, love him, support him and keep your marriage intact. That would be a wonderful ending indeed. But we tend to focus on us, on what is best for the spouses, parents, children of the alcoholic and that so often is not what the alcoholic would like or need.

I would love to be here for you on you journey, whereever you decide that journey needs to go. It may be the same route I took, it may be totally different. But I and the otehrs would love to help you find what is best for you and your children.