View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
notsleepingwell
I'm HOME!!!!!

Coming up on 1 1/4 year. Thanks SR!!

I can't believe time has gone by so fast. It was last May when my world crumbled down, after discovering my daughter in an apt filled with syringes, taking my grandchild outta there. Flying back to Cali to pack my stuff, turn around, move to Canada by Sept, so my grandson could start school settled in a new place, living with his grandma.

But here it is. My attitude has changed sooo much. I hated my daughter at first. Was sooo angry, (still have times where I want to rub her nose in it). But after reading many books and being on this board I have learned sooo much. I now know she is the victim. (Not to say she has no responsibility). But I have moved thru the stages to acceptance of what is.

My daughter and I often talk about perhaps there is a grand scheme of things that we do not understand, but perhaps this was something she had to go through, to find her true calling in life. Ohhh, we are not totally outta the woods, we still stumble over things as we try to find our way.

But my friends comment on the difference in my voice now. I'm laughing more once again. I have plans for ME!!! (the new house)! And I wouldn't be here, without each and every one of you.

So I guess, I just wanted to tell oldtimers and newbies, there is hope. My daughter and I are taking babysteps, each on our own paths, but moving along nontheless.

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL