View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Hi Hello Kitty. Keep reading and posting on this site... you'll learn alot and get stronger. Eventually, you'll know what you need to do. Whether it be set boundaries, stop enabling behaviors, stay or leave, you'll figure it out as you become stronger. I have loved the peace in my home while he's been away. I'm sure you know that feeling. Theres no arguing, no worries, just focusing on my children. I expect it will take time to get used to living with him again as you are finding out.

I know the immaturity you're dealing with.... I have teenagers myself, and sometimes the childish things I have to deal with from AH is just like dealing with a teenager or maybe even a 2-year old. I told him recently, I don't need another teenager... I need a man. Which are you going to be?

About church, my AH found jailhouse religion 5 years ago when he was arrested ... went thru a year long christian rehab... relapsed maybe 6months later. Went thru 2 state ordered rehabs while still on probation... went to church in between during the times he was clean. I hoping this time he really means it. My church has been really supportive in praying for and writing him. As I saw on a post in the Christians in recovery forum here, "Lead by example". If he won't go with you, keep going for yourself. Eventually he may want to come along.

I'll say a prayer for you and for your ex that he'll stay on the sobriety path and do things that will help him mature and grow in his recovery.