View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Live

Good morning,

Hey, I got a whole night's sleep without waking up every couple of hours, and wow what a difference it makes in how I feel!

Unfortunately hubby is totally miserable. He has taken less than the prescribed morphine and the side effects just keep growing worse and the pain relief not enough. We are going back to VA and this time, (I didn't go last time, I was working so as not to let Edie down-resentment there) I am going and I am the one who can see the forest for the trees and am more willing to speak up. Drs don't intimidate me no matter how hard they try. (Some, this one, does). He should have been out of his morphine today and he has about 10 left. I am going to ask a couple of people here whom I know well about the best way to detox over the next couple of days.
The Dr is worried about people drug-seeking. I've news for him. This stuff is sh1t and we are not going to go that route. Put him on oxycontin, do the surgery, do what you have to but no more morphine. He says he didn't sleep 10 minutes last night and this has been going on for awhile. He says he almost lost his mind with the roaring/yawning sound in his head that is like torture. It has messed with his personality the first day he took it, and I would adjust if it were good for him, but it is not.

I would love to give him one of my xanax to give him just a little relief for a little while but when they do the drug screen if that shows up, he is kicked out of the chronic pain clinic for life!

Cinder, you have been unsure about what level you want to be involved with AH for awhile. I think all of us went through that. When you have had enough you will know it. I just don't see that you are there yet even tho' I think you would like to be.

Unlike Loves, either of my ex's can give me money any time they want...call it restitution or any damn thing you want. But it won't buy them anything from me. Not even a thank you.