View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

AS finally has a spot in rehab!

Well, after jumping through hoops, my son finally got back into rehab. He will go next Thursday. They made him answer several sets of questions since he had previously blown them off twice. They wanted to make sure he was serious. I'm still not sure, but hoping for the best. He has been pretty good during this time of waiting....keeping curfew, not using (at least I don't think he has), being pleasant to be around. I am so happy he is going back,and I'm so sad at the same time.

This is his fifth time in rehab and he's only17. He will miss his senior year in high school as he is going to a sober recovery house when he gets out of rehab... No senior pictures, no prom, no graduation. I guess I'm mourning what could have been. I keep telling myself, his path is different than yours, but it doesn't make it less important. As a high school teacher though who works with seniors, it just makes me sad when I see them excited about these normal milestones. He will get his GEd, so he says. I'm grateful he's alive, and I'm grateful he is going back. I'm just being a moper tonight i guess. Anyway, thanks for the support and prayers. Life does go on, doesn't it?
krhea