View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stephanie

Re: Hello! I need some support and help

Originally posted by srepty
all the things I think I need and want are not around.

I need to learn to love and accept myself as I am and know that I am okay, but I really need some TLC or so I think. I need someone to be gentle with my feelings and needs. I guess I need to do that but I feel like I am running on empty.
Lisa
Usually none of the things we need are outside ourselves. Whatever is not around right now will most likely prove to never be enough to satisfy our cravings or our needs because it's not a solution. It's a temporary fix that just causes pain in the end.

I have found that this kind of cycle is what causes me to feel like I'm running on empty. I have felt like you do many times and for some reason I have surrounded myself with people who are incapable of giving this kind of love and acceptance.

If we know that the answer is to be able to give ourselves love and acceptance then what is it that is draining our resources. Are we feeding an addiction, helping everyone else and neglecting ourselves? I usually have to figure out what I am doing that makes me feel so drained and change that behavior. My need for acceptance and love is important and I need to take care of myself to feel it.

I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes life just seems overwhelming. It always helps me to have faith that this too shall pass and a new day begins.

I hope you feel better.