Thread: Ghost Stories!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

Well, finally I am back on line Dinotar..........I hope the wait wasn't to long. Are your toes alright?

Seems to me that we had just finished getting me unstuck from the door and paint brush WHEN...

in walked the cat just as calm as can be....Now you'll remember that I'd told the whole story to "Himself" including why I had to let the cat out in the first place.....He looks at me and as sweet as can be suggests that I take two asprin and go to bed...

NOW Iam not buying any of that I know I heard a KNOCK on the living room floor and I am not going to go to bed until the basement is checked out including the small dark room at the end of the sunporch.....

you know there is just something unnerving about

knowing that there's a real human skull sitting on an old wood stove in a glass case ....so Himself proceeds to prove to me that there isn't some sort of funny business going on down there....skull or no skull.

Down the stairs we troop, Himself in front, me second , and the cat bringing up the rear. The light at the head of the stairs goes on quite nicely for the three of us, down at the bottom of the stairs is another light switch, click.....click....click....no light goes on! Oh my!

O.K., says he, nothing more than a bulb burned out. There's another light switch over by the door going out to the sunporch...

RIGHT! I AM GOING TO WALK CLEAR OVER THERE IN THE DARK.

WROOOOOONG!

Up the stairs I fly like a good little angel should fly and right in front of me is the cat, hair on end, yowling its head off....leaving prince charming down there in the dark yelling "Bring me a flashlight and a new light bulb."

Now being the codie that I WAS, I can't just leave him down there with no flashlight and needing a new light bulb now can I?

WEEEEL, I wanted to but he was getting just a bit touchly about now so I get the biggest flashlight I can find, a new light bulb and down the stairs I started creeping.......
one
step
at
time....

just as I reached the bottom of the stairs where I can almost reach Himself, we hear a YEP! you guessed it....

KNOCK!

Only now it's coming from just above our heads, my heart does the flip flop, futter, almost stop business. Himself yells, "Give me the light! Give me the light now!"....

But I am looking up and to my right

There
in
the
dark
are
two
big
shinning
yellow
eyes
stareing
right
at
me....

Now Dinotar, I do hope you will forgive my spelling, typing, and story telling but this is really hard work, re-living the past as any one in recovery can tell you....I guess it's especially hard since all this happened long ago before I even knew I needed recovery from anything but a possible heart attack....

It wasn't until smoke asked for some "true ghost stories" that it all came flooding back......It is just like yesterday in my mind and of course, now that I am in recovery I see where I made a lot of major mistakes even before that night happened.....You see

The very first mistake was insisting that we buy that house,
YES, I did.....so now all of this was going to end up my fault.....

Well, there we are with the two yellow eyes staring and blinking at us, me afraid to move,

Himself yelling, "THOW ME THE FLASHLIGHT!!!!"

NOW I was not, am not, A BASEBALL PLAYER, I DON'T EVEN WATCH IT ON T.V. (not even for the cubs)
so my throwing arm was not in condition and my aim was not what it should have, could have been in even a good situation.

I didn't appoalized for it then and I won't make amends for what happened now.....

I hit Himself square on the head with that big old heavy flashlight...

Out goes the flashlight!

Oh, the moaning and groaning, it was like nothing you've ever heard....

and

still

the

eyes

are

stareing

and

blinking

right

at

me!

KNOCK! Oh, darn it, Dinotar, now there's someone at my door, it's dark outside, no one should be out in this weather to begin with...Later.