Thread: What I Accept
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
elizabeth1979
Acting not reacting

What I Accept

For a long time I accepted unacceptable behavior.
I would say it was unacceptable, but I would tolerate it by sticking around or by replacing one toxic relationship with another.

It had been many years since I was exposed to proper behavior by a healthy man who was genuinely interested in me. Until a couple weeks ago.

Ive met someone who is all of the things the healthy me wants and none of the things the sick me used to 'need'. I am sure the sick me would not have attracted this person. I was getting a little anti-recovery up until it clicked in my head. My life is vastly improved by my getting well. It wasnt about my ex and his sickness, it was about mine and my getting well enough to want healthy things.

I don't know where this is going and where it will end up, but I am sure that I will never go back to the person I was. Not to mention the person I once could never imagine being without. A man with no red flags. I am not scared, or afraid, or sad, or even nervous. This must be what healthy relationships look like...and I like it!

Im so thankful that I didnt stay stuck in a bad relationship, there are too many healthy people out there for that