Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nevergivingup
President

Update

So, we thought all was going well, until the doctors came this morning to my mom's room to inform her that they're going to have to amputate one of her toes. Seems the infection has spread to there and either they remove the one toe now or in a week remove all the toes or possibly her entire foot. She was really, really upset about the whole thing. She has rheumatoid arthritis and has been fighting it for 24 years. It's completely crippled most of her body, including her feet. So, she was really happy when the doctor told her that they were going to reconstruct her feet and although the skin is already damaged, they would be shaped normally, and then she gets this news. It's hard because I just don't know what to say to her. I can tell that she's really upset over the whole thing, and is really depressed over it. I just feel sooo bad for her and just wish there was something that could help her get through all of this. But, moreso I just don't understand why sooo much has to happen to her, why she just can't be healthy for 5 minutes in her life.

J is sooo upset these past couple of days. He really doesn't fully understand everything that's going on, and since I can't take off of work, he's pretty much getting tossed around between different babysitters. Been crying on and off for pretty much no reason at all.

I think I just needed to vent. Thanks guys!