View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Cynay,
This very point has been a tramendous struggle for me the past couple of weeks. I've had no contact since the 4th of july with my xrabf other than he left me a vmail that Sunday and i never responded or acknowledged the call. How do you let go? I've been taking big steps in my life these past couple of weeks with Al Anon and therapy but just can't seem to shake that feeling that i'm not going to talk to him again or he's not going to realize we had a really great relationship and how supportive, loving and caring I was. Do you think that some men can't/don't appreciate someone who has it together, caring, supportive, all those qualities? Which I know by his actions i shouldn't want him back but i do miss him alot and every day seems to be a struggle. I thought I would be alot better by now but can't seem to shake wondering where, what, how he's doing and wondering if he's thinking of me. I know i shouldn't but can't help it.

Everyone tells me "you'll meet someone who deserves you" but i don't want that, I want to be with my X and sort through those problems. There are alot of issues other than drinking which makes it hard but i just love him so much.....Any thoughts, do i hold on to the very very hurtful things he recently did to keep me in check, I believe not responding to his call was the best thing but so hard to grasp.

thanks for listening....
heather