View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Smile The Butterfly Story Part 2

I love to experience what I call Godincidences (I no longer believe in coincidence) and the more I open my heart, the more I see.
Those of you who were on SR last year may remember my sharing “the butterfly story.” Each and every day in the week following the loss of my daughter, 2 Eastern Tiger Swallowtail butterflies (like my avatar) would come to my butterfly bush within moments of me stepping out onto my deck each morning. They would stay all day as friends and relatives visited with us. A hummingbird moth (rarely seen around here) would come each day as well. The same type butterflies appeared as we walked to the gravesite for services…they danced around the flowers there, went to the stone of Paul, my friend and mentor who died suddenly far too young as well, and came back and rested at Kristen’s grave. Mind you, there were no other butterflies to be seen and they went to no other stones.... After the service as I stood by myself saying good bye, a hummingbird moth came right to the flowers at my feet. It was so apparent that she was letting me know all was okay.

Throughout the year there have been certain amazing and unexpected times with similar messages…usually a single yellow swallowtail that dances around me for awhile…no other butterflies in sight…once even in November…then fly away. It always happened when I really needed it or when there was some very meaningful occurrence and I just knew Kristen was saying my spirit is here, know I am always with you.
Yesterday morning, on the first anniversary of her death, I stopped at a nursery to select a new plant for around her stone…the garden there brings me great comfort. My thoughts were very much centered on Kristen. Suddenly, here comes my butterfly…she circled around me and landed on my chest…right near my heart. She stayed there for a full five minutes…I’ve never had a butterfly just land on me that way. My heart felt so light…my wish to just have one more conversation with her seemed fulfilled.