View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NEEDTOBESOBER

Angry

i COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND - I am also having trouble w/xanax on top of trying to quit drinking, and I still have about a bottle and a half of xanax left right now, prescription from a pain doc I found out that would give you xanax besides the pain pills, but I don't takt the pain pills I just go to get the xanax, I have been taking either xanax or Klonopin Also known as clonezapan for about 5 years recently about 6 mgs a day and I have gone through withdrawals on my own from xanax and know how brutal they can be and the other day me and my husband got into a fight I yelled at him and he went running to his parents and tell them all the problems I am having and talking about divorce and which he has no room to talk cause he is bi-polar and is not taking meds and seems like he doesnt want to go to a psychiatrist bbut acts like he is going to, so we smoothed things over trying to get off alcohol first on my own, which I have done before for 35 days, but I don't think I can get off xanax on my own, I think I need detox, but my husband doesnt think so , he doesnt understand how bad withdrawals are w/xanax plus I have a 13 yr old which my husband would have to take care of plus the insurance company said it could cost me around 2,000 for me to go to an inpatient detox and I am scared to get off cause the reason I was prescribed them in the first place was for an anxiety disorder, so they would need to give me some other medication for anxiety and severe panic attacks when I detox from xanax. Any thoughts?