Thread: Ghost Stories!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 11:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
kwelling5737
They call me Kim

I don’t know if this qualifies as a ghost story or not…but it certainly is a strange phenomena that I don’t share too often but I would like to here.

Some of you know that I had a lover a few years ago that took his own life.

There were two “incidents” that happened after his death that I’m going to tell you about.

I should preface the first with a short story:

Ted and I were watching the movie “Houdini” one night. Now Harry Houdini was fascinated by “the great beyond” and tinkered in trying to reach loved ones that have passed over.
After the death of his mother he dedicated a lot of his time involving himself in séances trying to contact her.
Time after time he was disappointed by the outcome. And had found out that he had been tricked on each and every occasion into believing that she had been contacted.
He later went on a crusade to expose the fraudulent mediums. The publicity he received by doing this was nothing short of fantastic.

One night while talking with his wife, they decided that if he were to pass that they would have a “secret word”. And if the medium were to say that particular word, then she would know that she had truly reached him.

I can’t remember for the life of me what their word was.

BUT….I do remember the word that Ted chose after the movie was over.

Our word was “pfaff”. Pfaff is a brand name for sewing machines and accessories. He didn’t like to sew….he just liked the word. Ted was such a goofball! I still love him so very much.

The next 24 hours after Ted’s death were pretty much of a blur. But on the second day I had to start contacting friends to let them know about his passing.

We had this friend Paul. Paul (like Ted) was a musician. He had frequently played one of the local clubs (Penn Brewery) and I knew he’d want to know about the arrangements etc. The police confiscated Ted’s telephone book and I didn’t have his home phone so I figured I’d call the club to find him.

I picked up the yellow pages and thumbed through nightclubs, taverns etc. but had no luck.

So I grabbed the white pages.

I set the book on the table and just randomly opened it to a page so I could start my search.

I almost fainted when I looked at the corner of the page and the name “Pfaff” was staring me right in the face.

I don’t have to go to a medium to know that Ted is always around.

I believe.