View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
blue pansy

Thanks to all for you esh and prayers, we will sure need them.
College is the one thing that she really wants and is paid for by financial aid and her loans. If I pay for college it's me going back not her. Through all of this she has had a 3.0 average and that's with using, and it's not an easy school.
She'll only be here for one month before she goes back, so I can't see making her live elsewhere until then and why make her spend the money she needs for bills for rent. She'll be on her own at school soon enough.
She's been on meds for depression and such for a while and she feels that they have helped her quite a bit with her moods.
My usual answer to her is list your options, figure out the best one and let her take it from there. If she asks for my input, then I'll give it to her, after hearing what her options are. If I come up with something she hasn't thought of, I may give her another option.
I don't plan on being the warden here at the home jail, she'll mainly be on her own to sink or swim. I don't plan on walking on eggshells either, my house - my rules and she's known that for a long time. I will remember the duct tape that may come in handy.
She made the decision for detox and rehab, she was not forced to go there. She's now decided that her old bf has to go as he has not done anything towards recovery. She's made arrangements to get to meetings and 2 other's from rehab that are all getting out the same week will keep in touch and help each other to try and stay clean.
Me-- I'll be at meetings, using the phone list, going to work, going out, doing all my little projects around the house, posting, helping out with great nieces and hopefully keeping my big mouth shut.........