Thread: AS in jail
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bookmiser
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((Ustoo)))))))))))

Like SS said. You demonstrate amazing strength.
It takes so much strength not to rush to their aid, I know.
I was still doing that when my son was 21. He's 25 now and I have to have hubby tie me down when things come up concerning him that I can't control and I want to rush to "help". I want to call it mother instinct, but who are we foolin' here? lol
We're codies...
Put me in a room full of people and like a moth to a flame, I'm honing in on who needs me the most. lol
Well, not so much anymore. I wanna say age is the reason I'm stronger and wiser, but that's not all. It's recovery. Working daily to change my way of thinking and taking care of me and my life. Don't get me wrong, I love my son as I'm sure you love yours, yet there comes a time that if we don't step back away from the "mess" they create and let them find a way to get out of it on their own, we are goin' down with that ship, and I don't know 'bout you, but I can't let that happen.
Your doing what you need to do. If he needs a place to come too, and you have no choice, (oxford house, shelter, rehab) make sure that boundries are firmly in place and pray to God for the strength and courage to fight a good fight, cause you just may be doin' alot of that. I'm praying for you and your family.
Keep sharing, it helps.
Hugs,
Linda