Old 07-10-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
drainedwife

what is going on here?

ok-- i dont get it--what am i doing that is so wrong---??

first of all , by the advice of my lawyer (who happens to have a brother who is a recovered crack addict)....i contacted psychiatrists....and so what if i am worried abotu him getting disbarred----right now, I CANNOT SUPPORT MY KIDS ALONE--it just cant be done on my salary---I am counting on his salary fo rthe present until i can get on my feet--it doesnt happen overnight ya know...

how am i being selfish and being a bad mom?? i got him out of the house--I am following what my lawyer advises...I am working full-time, trying to find out how I can get either a better job or get my teaching degree--, i amgong to therapy 2x a week for my mental health, i am a single parent doing everything i can do for my kids, going back and forth to court, talking to my lawyer and trying to get a handle on this....geez-- i just filed for divorce a few weeks ago...I am doing my best right now with what i have--do you people think i can make a million decisions over night??

also, my therapist along with many others does not agree with the term "powerless". She has much experience with substance abuse and she beleives it is the right thing to do to give them a choice--what about interventions--the addict in an intervention is given a choice--i think you are being very closed minded here--not all addicts are the same....maybe by giving them a choice (and dr. phil calls it giving them a gift) a choice might work. Im sorry but it is an opinion, not a fact that you are powerless---in some instances that just might be--but not in every case.
and for you to call me a "bad mother" or "selfish" is just not fair..i am not selfish i am doing everything i can for my kids right now.....and i dont even know if this is a place i feel safe going to anymore....if you are going to criticize me in this manner I think you are just being cruel... you are kicking someone who is already down--

do you think that you can be wrong about raising someones bottom?? why dont you all do some research on it and see what you come up with....naranon, alanon, aa, is not the only program out there--12 steps is not for everyone....there are other ways. WHen you have the same expertise as my therapist does and other counselors i have spoken to (some with over 30 yrs. experience who also believe in giving someone a choice) then you can state what you feel more as fact as you are doing so now in telling me i am wrong about that.

Last edited by drainedwife; 07-10-2007 at 03:15 PM.