Thread: Double Dog Dare
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Live

MY three paragraphs.

BTW...for me this is the hard part!

I am 48 years old but still feel like a kid at heart, and with some hair coloring artfull makeup and well chosen clothes I can even look younger. In low lighting....10 years younger. WOOO-HOOOO.
I have lived with money and with no money and it doesn't make a big difference to me...as material things have a very low place in my value system. What I do value is freedom. I am on a low budget "sabbatical" right now. I hate the rat race. I am in my 2d marriage after 13 years single and that relationship is a joy to me. We will celebrate our 2d anniversary in August. But we started dating some 4-5 years ago.
My husband is a disabled vet...so we spend all most all of our time together...and enjoy each other's company more than anyone else's.

MY favorite thing used to be traveling...but my butt has spasms when I think about it now! LOL However I have been privileged to have traveled a good amount...and the things collected in my travels are the only material goods that really mean alot to me. Everywhere I look at home are reminders of places, people and adventures. Those alone make me feel privileged and bring me smiles.

I love psychology, sociology and the humanities. Love watching and studying people.
One of my amusements is to watch how differently people respond to me according to how I am dressed. Hubby plays this game with me.
For instance...go into a department store in professional dress and you will have 2 sales ladies offering assistance. Go in looking like a bag lady, no assistance and they check your id 3 times. Also dressed up, in the street, people will greet you, bag lady they cut a wide path and lower their eyes. One time in South America we dressed up like country music stars. It stopped everyone on the street in their tracks. LOL.

So, I am pretty self amusing. I go on book binges, prefer non fiction in the subjects I mentioned before. My family thinks I am an eccentric. Well, maybe some others too.? LOL

I have clinical depression and a severe anxiety disorder but they are treated and are managable. However lately I have been sleeping too much and my rump is glued to the lounge chair. As hubby also has these conditions, it fosters much better acceptance and understanding. I have been spending my time on the computer and he watches tv with headphones on because I find electronic noise totally irritating.
But I know these things run in cycles, so I just don't worry about it.

Here is a photo of hubby and I:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DannyandTena.jpg (26.1 KB, 26 views)