View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Gwen,

You said it. With every obstacle there is an opportunity.
God has the plan, Gwen. You know there are consequences in life, BUT that does not mean God is not in control. We can't see the big picture, but God can. And I know he can bring good out of what seems to be a terrible situation right now. He's done it in my life. Look what he has done in your life, you becoming clean & sober. He can do that and a million other things, too.

You know how it works, Gwen. It's one day at a time with this situation just like it was with you getting sober/clean. You and God can do this.

And there are lessons to be learned in everything. It's my job to learn them. Don't be projecting what "might" happen. We have no clue.

This is what I do, as silly as it may seem. Every night I picture a big conveyor belt with a box at the bottom. I place my kids in that box, put it on the conveyor belt and send them right up to God because he's going to be up all night anyway. And he's awake all day, too, so I picture them in his lap. Bottom line is do whatever it takes to place your children in his care while you're gone. He loves them even more than you do.

Prayers for you, your children and your husband during this time,
Hangin' In