Old 07-08-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

Originally Posted by drainedwife View Post
one other thing---if you are doing coke, can you do workaround the house?? my ah was doing nothing here, but now he has been doing alot of physical work arounf the rental house, like ripping out bushes for hours and other stuff.. he also sent me an article (i know i shouldnt be reading it) about the purity of cocaine andhow the coc you get now is mixed with talcom powder another chemicals...it makes it harder to become addicted and the high from it is more like amphetamines....it is CRACK that is more addictive and potent. But even if that is true...the fact that he ws doing it and wouldnt stop when he knew it was ruining our marriage shows he is addicted .and how he didnt care about all the $$ he spent on it.. he also said he did it becaue he was so depressed he didnt want to live---healthy people go on anti-depressants and go to therapy for depression...not take illegal drugs.....and he said "he thought he ws doing the best thing forme and the kids" again, crazy thinking..how could it possibly be the best thing????

My husband does the physical work after using, and during if snorting coke. Even when smoking crack he was a binger so he'd use all evening get up do a lot of vigourous work to make him feel less guilty and use again. The pattern would go on a while then he's fall into a depression stop the productivity for awhile, ect. Course, if he knew a test was coming up he for quite a long time would stay clean as well, with the intention of proving someone wrong as his motivation, when he didnt get validation for staying clean and working so hard he's binge again.

One final thought about that, who says he's been doing the work and have they seen it? AH used to call huffing and puffing saying how he was doing this and that and Id be so happy when I saw the progress only later for me to find out it was an intention that was never reached as he thought he could get high first