Old 07-08-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drainedwife

the evaluation can only be done from a legal standpoint

There is always something that comes up... Now, it seems that the evaluation my ah is supposed to have can only be done either in a therapeutic or legal standdpoint, but not both. Therapuetically there is a new law out, that my lawyer didnt know about in which the psychiatirst has to report the findings of the eval. to the legal ethics committee and that could result in my ah's loss of job or suspension of liscence or both.....(something i have been trying to avoid)..if it is done legally, than i ebeliee it would be more forensic in nature and my kids may even have to be interviewed by the psychiatirst, which is NOT what i want at all..... i do not want them involved in this....

my lawyer is going to talk to a few different psychiatrists and let me know more tomorrow. This is getting way too complicated....and i dont know how my ah would agree to an eval. where it is going to be used against him later on. And also where my kids would be interviewed..he woudlnt want that either. I jsut wanted him to get an evaluation and be recommended the best treatment for him....and then he could make his own decision if he were to go through with it or not and hopefully he would make the right choice....now i feel theres so much legal sh** invloved.

Some psychiatrist also told me that many times they djont want to do the eval. when there is adversarial goings on between husband and wife. I also think my ah will think this whole thing is a ploy for me to get custody of the kids if it is done legally and then he will be angry and fight more aggressively.

Nothing is ever easy!!!

what happens if you just go for a divorce and the drugs comes out in the custody hearing?????