Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
dixied

hanging ,

I have a vacation home which is five hours away from my son. I also have a seasonal business which is in full operation now. I worry someyimes if he will break in my home while we are gone. DH says if AS does that the next stop is jail for him and he has told AS that. Fair warning.
Sometimes I experience waves of great sadness over what could have been and WHY it is this way. My son was attending a top 10 university (Duke University) when he was a hight school sophomore in an invitation only summer school experience. He was popular and vice president of his senior class. I say this to explain the future that lay ahead. The young man my son tutored in high school (his best friend back then)is now a physician. My son could have easily done that. SOmwhere along the way......and we do not know where because his story ALWAYS changes drugs entered the picture and EVERYTHING changed. We did not pick up on the problem nor did his wife who was also conned and lied to. When he couldn't cpntrol things anymore and went on a binge and was fired from the family business things came out. The rest is either history or trial by fire regarding family emotions. The substance abuse counselors tell me my son is so smart that he could write or lecture on substance abuse so he knows the score. He has had six months clean and lasted six weeks in real life. Sad isn't it? dixie