Old 07-07-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BP44

Yes, I remember all too well living to drink and drinking to live. I remember drinking long past when it wasn't fun anymore. For this day I don't drink, I've talked to my sponsor, I've hit one of a couple of meetings, and this afternoon I may hang out with some other alcoholics. Today, I find this FUN....and on a Saturday no less. When I was ready to do this deal, this thing we do, it was all available. And so it is for you. If you are an alcoholic like me, there will come a day when it isn't fun anymore. If you are honest, that day may already be here. We all feel bad when we get here, and most of the time it takes a while to start feeling half way sane. Some days I feel like I just walked through the door. Other days I'm God centered. It doesn't really matter how I feel....feelings aren't facts. So I bring my butt to a meeting and have faith that my mind will follow. The discussion leader this morning just picked up a 9 year chip the other day, and her topic was sharing that some days she feels just like she did when she walked in the door. Now, that gives me hope. The old timers have crappy days just like us, but they bring their butt to a meeting and live the program for 24 hours.