View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 03:35 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Life Change

i posted this under Christians in recovery also but wanted to put it here also. sorry to just jump in like this.
Hello all. This is what I am dealing with right now. As you know I am still in jail working on work release. Well Monday a good friend of mine from year’s back that I was in work release with lost the fight against the problems that drugs bring about for us addicts. He went out for work on Monday and never made it back. They found him dead in his truck. He committed suicide by using a hose from the tail pipe. Now mw and he had talked about stuff while at jail and I told him of the release that I had found from working the program and through God. He said that he was doing better and I told him I was always available for him to talk. This guy was usually a happy guy on the outside, but deep in he was hurting bad. I have had, over the years several friend kill themselves, OD, or get murdered etc. this is just unexpected because I think he was clean. (We get drug tested in work release). Then on Wednesday I get a letter from child support enforcement that I need to call them today about paying. I guess this is because I am working now. Well I have always paid my sons mother directly and never been involved with them before. I had joint custody before I was locked up and never missed a payment. (I didn’t pay all of them myself, but my parents did when I didn’t) right now I am working a lot of overtime and don’t know how that will fit into figuring out how much I have to pay. This is something I want to get worked out because it is my responsibility, but I had hoped to take the first step in the action. I owe back support for the last 2+ years and I guess that will come into play also. We had a court date set up for when I got out but sense I am working I guess the time is now. I owe a lot of fines and money out to places. This really tries to get me down, but I try not and let it. I look at it this way, if money is all I got tot worry about then I am ok! It’s just hard sometimes. I still have a road ahead of me and just need prayer and support. Any experience, strength, and hope from others is welcome!! Thanks!!