View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

I know I've already responded, but I'm just such an expert in the area of screwing up with the cellphone that I have to add something here...

I remember AD was the point of losing her cellphone (of course she didn't tell me that. I had the pleasure of speaking with the cell phone company when her bill was way past due and MY NAME was on the account.) Thank goodness I had been to Al Anon and this board!

She used the ole, "But mama, I won't be able to call you. We won't be able to talk."

I responded, "Yes, I guess we just won't be able to talk."

"But Mama, I'm all the way out here in Mississippi."

"Yeah honey, I really hate that. Well, have to run. Collette (poodle) needs to go out."

Amazing, JUST AMAZING...somehow AD figured out how to get her cell phone turned back on. It's called ... BEING RESPONSIBLE AND WORKING TO PAY HER OWN BILL. And me thinks she learned that mama wasn't buying into being manipulated any more. Oh, how I love it!

I was slow at catching on, but when I learned about settiing boundaries I began to recover. And a blessing of that (not a guarantee, mind you) is that my daughter began recovering too.