View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
It's all about detachment. It's all about looking at who is doing all the carrying on and realizing it's a sick, messed-up person. It's all about keeping my mouth shut if that is the best route to take. It's all about not believing anything I'm hearing. Period. I know God loves me, warts and all. I know I am not partaking in AH's little dramas any longer. I know it's not about me - it's all about HIM.

As a psychiatrist told me some years ago, "Alcoholics - they'll get ya comin' or goin'." So why get my dander up? I'm making plans to leave. I have a pretty good life on my own right now. Once I have a job that affords decent pay and benefits, I'll exit quietly, stage right. In the meantime, I hold onto God's love, walk in faith, and ignore the blah, blah, blah. Believe me, I didn't get this way overnight and I'm no great icon of recovery; after all, I'm still a codie! But I saw it for what it is: know the truth, and the truth WILL set you free.
That is SO well stated, prodigal! I was right there with you for a little over a year before I actually took the leap and filed for divorce. It had my ex really confused...I could almost hear him thinking 'how come she isn't reacting any more???' I just used to look at him and grin slightly when he started one of his rants.

I am still a codie, too, and I still have my moments of insanity. *grin* But you are So right, the truth will set us free, just as soon as we can wrap our minds around it!

(((hugs)))