Thread: Ghost Stories!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 10:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

Hi Dino, Smoke, and who ever else cares to hear the rest of the story (as long as "IT" isn't here)

OK kiddo's, Now Himself and I just staring at the skull wondering what, where, when and what the h*** are we going to do with "IT"... finally we (as In Himself) decide that for the time being we'll just leave it right where it is..I mean what do we know about these things anyway and we have a whole house to get fixed up in just 12 days to move into...Himself decides that I was just hearing the wind or, a little furry critter,or ...or,...or...

Now Himself is his normal (?) Irish self until he can't come up with a good Mr. Spock anwser, then he gets real angry because of course, there has to be a logical explanation to this whole thing right...he just can't come up with one.

Now, you'd think my being Swedish I would be the the logical one but not this time.....I know what I heard....I know footsteps when I hear them right...but being the good little codie that I was; I unfortuntely gave my reality away.....It took years of hard work to unlearn that character defect which by the way I still pick up once in awhike just to see if it fits.

We proceed to get the house remoldeling under way...all the while with "IT" down in that dark little room with the door closed and locked...after all I may give my reality away but I am NOT taking any chances either...I know I heard the footsteps....

Time fast forward 3 months later, Himself is now working nights, OH JOY!....and again...Now remember I am a good little codie and there's nothing to worry about 'cause Himself said so....

I am quietly watching TV while painting bookcases... my first,last, and only cat is sleeping peacefully on the couch. When I hear a knock
not at the front door,

BUT ON THE FLOOR BENEATH me,

I froze instantly, CAT yoawls and runs to the front door with his fur standing on end....He is wanting OUT of here now... After all we were alone.....NO ONE should have,
could have,
would have been in the basement...

NOT WITH two locked doors on the sun porch, Not with two other locked doors to go through....besides it is 11:32pm...I know what time it is becuse I now have to be here alone for another 5 hours and 28 minutes before Himself comes home..and normal people just aren't up and about at that time of the night..

Now for 3 months I have not talked about "IT", BUT I was and am totally aware "IT" is still in the dark little room sitting on the old wood stove, in the glass case, looking almost like it is smiling...
It's night,
It's dark,
there's no one home but me because even my cat has left....and I don't have a clue as to WHAT in the H*** to do now...When I hear the knock again
............Just one knock
.......Nothing more.........
.Now I am hardly even breathing.........

Darn it kiddo's I have to go
this is just to much for this ole lady, my fingers are about to fall off and I have only had one cup of coffee this morning.....

I Promise I'll be back as soon as I can recover...