View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
notsleepingwell
I'm HOME!!!!!

"Your AH is a drug addict. He may not be able to perform much longer as an attorney. What you are fighting for now is material possession of things to help your children.... before he loses those things to his addiction, as well. I think the idea of preserving his professional standing has long passed by. And not by YOUR doing. It is his. He is the addict. He is making choices about using drugs and becoming violent."

Agree with BigSis on this. You are hooking your wagon to a falling star. It doesn't take long once the downward spiral starts. My daughter was a registered nurse. She ended up homeless, jobless etc. Addiction doesn't stay at one point....it progresses, and you only have to look on the streets to see where it ends up. Addicts are sometimes high functioning...i.e. can work etc., for only sooo long. I think if you are counting on him supporting you forever....well....you can dream....but IMHO....sounds like things are already spiralling outta control.

For your kids sake, you need to take control, and find a way to support yourself and them if he does lose his job!