Thread: Please help
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
notsleepingwell
I'm HOME!!!!!

Hi, Comin in late here. Welcome to SR! A lot of us have been the 3rd party, so we cannot judge...lol.

My addict is my daughter, and let me tell you, from the depths of despair, let me tell you where addiction leads.....ohh, I guess I don't have to tell you, you just have to look on the streets to see where addiction leads.

My daughter was a registered nurse, she has lost her son, her job, her car, her apt, her health...now Hep C positive, lives in the homeless shelters and hooks for money. So having been to the depths....addiction pretty much follows the same path for most. Some are high functioning for a time, (you'd never know they are using, they are going to work, paying rent etc)...but if they don't find recovery...it will spiral down....eventually ending in death.

Please, please, do not subject your children to this chaos....Let them grow up in an intact home, with a mom and dad. That is the most important gift you have to give them!! More important than your happiness, or what you think you will gain with this man. Read the sticky's at the top of the page....there are books on addiction....

If I had any choice in this, I would run from any addict!!! RUN!!!

JMHO