View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 10:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
jessieandme2003

**{Rose}}

"I deserve to be happy."

How comfortable are you with saying that phrase? Because it is true.

Try saying it to yourself a few times. Try thinking about what it really means. What would it take to change your life just enough for you to be happy?

Now remember, you can't change HIM.
Nope, you can't. That's the one we always want to say first. But alas, that one is not an option. Al Anon can help you see that, if you haven't already. It's an important one to KNOW to be true.

Going to AA is good to get an understanding of what he is fighting, but just so you aren't trying to find answers to help him fight it. I would strongly recommend Al Anon meetings for yourself.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

I like to read this to remind myself I must accept I cannot change him, and I need to find the courage to change the things I can.

I understand that change is scary. But it is also the blessed gift of 'choice' we have in our lives. When I think of all the cultures and eras where there wasn't always choice...

You have choices, Rose. And our children learn how to make choices by watching us. If they were in your situation, what choices would you want them to make?