Old 06-22-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
newblue82
Let me grow up.

Perhaps, I shouldn't have even mentioned the fact that she's his wife because majority seems to have gotten stuck on the fact that I'm MERELY his sister. I'm not looking at the relationship the two of them have or the relationship he and I have; the issue here is that she was wrong to not have gotten up when I told her she had taken my seat.

So let me put this in a different perspective: if you were sitting in a waiting room with a friend, spouse or whatever and they had gotten up to go to the restroom and someone else who didn't have prior knowledge that they were taken someone else's seat sat in your "friend's" spot and you said to them "Excuse me, but this seat is already taken" and that person refused to get up would it or would it not be rude of them. Wouldn't you be upset?

This is the issue. It seems most of you feel that I have no right to be upset because that's his "wife" and she's "entitled" to sit next to him. I'm looking at the act of what she did, the total disregard for me. Why shouldn't I expect from my sister-in-law the same common courtesy that most strangers would show in a similar situation? Why is she getting off the hook so easily because of who she is? Why is everyone making excuses for her because of who she is? How about do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

I can say from personal experience having come out of a relationship with my exAGF who I was deeply in love with that though it was difficult to "share" her with her two grown children and her family, I did just that out of respect and love for HER and respect for her family. Is that unusual? Am I phenomenal somehow to show that kind of courtesy? Or maybe I was just raised differently to care about how I treat other people.