View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

kicked out my 17 year old....

Well, today he was supposed to go back to rehab for a 3 week refresher after having been there for 3 months. Since he has been home he has stolen money, drank, smoked weed, stolen my car and driven without a license, spent 2 days in jail, and left in the middle of the night, breaking his curfew. I begged to get him back into rehab and they set it up. Now he refused. So I told him kindly and firmly that if he wouldn't go to rehab, he couldn't stay in my house. I love him too much to let him continue with his self-destructive behavior. This is my house and I won't live like that anymore. So he hugged me and left. It was all very calm, which is strange, but I prayed so hard before hand that god would help me and he did. I just feel so sad right now.

He called me once already and said maybe he would talk to his counselor tomorrow. I know that it will be hard tonight after he gets off work. he'll call and want to come home. What if he promises to go to rehab tomorrow.Should I let him come home or am I falling for his line. My heart is beating so fast now. It's funny, I was firm and strong while he was here. Now I am a mess.I have been reading the posts on detachment to bolster myself up. Also, I'm wondering about the responsibility of a mom to her minor. Is my kicking him out causing him to break his curfew. (Notice howI try to take responsibility for everything.)

I've been reading posts again today, and I am so touched by the compassion you all show towards each other. Thanks again for letting me be a part of it.
krhea