View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
prodigal

You didn't specifically mention what type of job he got that makes it so glamourous. Just remember that job = work (which is a four-letter word). I'm not saying there aren't people who have great jobs and love their work, but from what I've seen over the years, most people hit rough spots dealing with annoying coworkers, clients, etc. No job is that glamourous - even being a Hollywood star. It is possible he may be building it up to be more than it is. Or you may just be feeling everyone has a better job right now because you don't like your job.

Hey, I've had great jobs and I've had some real stinkers. When I had a few rotten jobs, I did something about it - polished up my resume, went to Internet job-search sites, read newspaper want ads, and visited employment agencies. I got additional training several times. Maybe you should start looking for another job.

I admire your honesty. Yeah, I know how it is to get bummed out that you're doing a lot of things for someone and not getting so much as a "thank you." However, just as you might want or need to acquire some new/different skills to find a more satisfying job, you also need to acquire the skill to say "no" when it comes to doing things for him - things he is capable of doing for himself.