Thread: Hi, I'm new
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Welcome Crystal, I'm glad you found your way here. I hope you will read through some of the posts, especially the "stickies" at the top of the page...They cover lots of great info on addiction and codependency.

What to do? Focus on you! If he is working the steps and involved in a program, he will know too that this is the best thing you can do...Personally I think the best thing for you and for him. Recovery is hard work for the addict and for us, but it is life changing in a very positive way.

One thing I sometimes see is partners feeling troubled by all the itme devoted to meetings and the fellowship. Committing to the program can be life saving and early recovery takes a lot of focus. So I think the best thing you can do to support him is let him work his program. Perhaps even delaying remarriage so he can take the time and energy he needs to focus on recovery. I found attending Naranon meetings and working that program helped me in very positive ways. Meeting with people face to face who understand is terrific.

Keep coming back...there's lots of caring support here!