Old 06-16-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
doctor'swife

meth

Originally Posted by just for today View Post
Good morning,

I welcome you even though I am relatively new to the site, although not new to addiction....my son is a long term addict and detachment is all you can do when it is your child....there are a couple of things in your post I would like to talk about, please understand that these are just my observations and in no way a judgement.....your name "doctors wife" is not who you are, he in no way defines you as a person...you are a person that deserves a life without secrets and one that does not feel alone in your marriage......the sudafed and the sleeping for days concerns me, as sudafed is the main ingredient in the making of "meth" and that is a whole other ballgame.....so if your choice is to stay (and only you can make that decision) educate yourself in this area of drugs, because knowledge is power.....

I am sorry if I sound blunt, but many years of dealing with addiction has shown that for me the only way I can deal is to be as truthful and as up front as possible......know and understand that this is his addiction...it is no reflection on you and the only person you can control is yourself.....gain as much knowledge as possible, be gentle with yourself and keep posting....the wonderful people on this site will walk this walk with you.....

Peace

yes, I did know about the sudafed being the main ingredient in meth. His chugging the prescription cough medicine was his desire for the speed like effect it had in it. When he got caught doing this he just bought it in the sudafed form. Of course one can easily advance into meth I am sure. It has already crossed my mind. I am pretty sure he could not function at work as an emergency physician if he were taking that. But at this point I would believe anything!! I was gone most of the day getting Vacation Bible School supplies ready. I rode for 5 hours with a girl whose husband almost burned down her house while he was high on meth. We had an interesting "therapy" session during the car ride to say the very least. We even laughed a little. Of course then I had to go home which was depressing. I'm sure he can tell I am distant. Well maybe not, he is very self absorbed. He has gone to work and I can breathe a little easier. I am going to take the very good advice I saw here and not spend any more time obsessing about his problem. Time to go snuggle on my couch and watch Spiderman with the three best kids in the world.