Old 06-15-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
doctor'swife

thanks for the warm welcome

I feel like I am among friends. It is a relief to not feel so alone. I will have to travel to Jackson to attend a meeting because my husband doesn't want this to get around. Sounds so stupid doesn't it? He didn't seem worried about it when he was all over town at different drug stores risking getting caught. Anyway, if he gets caught it will be by his own stupidity but not by me "outing" him. Maybe after my first meeting I will feel a little steadier. Thanks for mentioning the topics at the top. They were quite helpful. I will try to detach from him. It seems you have two choices here. You either detach from him and his addiction troubles or you leave. If you stay and detach than you are in a lonely marriage. I already don't trust a thing he says anymore. If you detach from the man you love but stay in the marriage does that mean he becomes a sad sort of wallet. I am being brutally honest here. If you stay because of the kids, because he is a good Dad but he has wrecked your intimacy, and the closeness you share by his lies and addiction are you selling out? All questions I pose to you who have travelled this road ahead of me. For now I am taking the detachment advice. I will try from this day forward to NOT check the caller id for phone calls to pharmacies. I will NOT check his bags for bottles and pills. I will not check the check register for the frequency of ATM withdrawals. This is my beginning. I already know my Lord and Savior and I will keep on walking in faith. Thanks for listening- dr'swife