Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
doctor'swife

Unhappy Hello, I'm doctor's wife and I'm new here

I just recently discovered my husband's addiction. He has been self-prescribing for himself using the kid's names, my name and who knows who else's names for the past two years. He was downing a bottle or two everyday of tamicoff or betatuss. My recovered aa brother in-law and his sister confronted him last Monday. He openly admitted it without us asking him specifically. He said he was relieved it was out in the open. However, he has now taken to buying boxes of Sudafed. He has just substituted one thing for another. He has read the alcoholic's anonymous cover to cover. I know that I can't control this or cure this I'm just wondering how I interact with him when I know he is lying to me all the time. I have been told it is pointless to tell him I know what he is doing. He will just put his stash somewhere else. At least he doesn't act crazy in front of the kids. They haven't really noticed. I didn't notice for so long myself. I just thought, man you are really manic today. Then he would sleep for days. I was beginning to think he was bipolar. We have three kids and have been married 14 years. Feeling alone in this marriage.