View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
nan07

I'll look at the smart recovery site again today. I found it confusing and hard to follow. I'm a person of average intelligence, so I don't know exactly why this is, although I hate the over-use of acronyms and this site seemed to be peppered with quite a few of them. Maybe I'll end up putting together my own program with parts pilfered from other places. What I do know is this: I can't just quit one day at a time. I have to quit forever. Drinking cannot be an option for me, period. Like Dee74, I feel it is "down to me". I must hold myself personally accountable for my actions. I am the only one who can put a drink into my body. I am the one who decides whether or not I do so. Somebody gave me some good advice...whenever I have a positive memory of drinking, I should counter it with an unpleasant memory. Actually, as weird as last night was, I know from experience that my real challenge will come later...when a few months have gone by and I'm feeling confident and strong. That's my dangerous time, because that's when I felt I could moderate last year. I hope that knowing how dismally I failed last year, I will be able to ward off any ideas of moderation this time.