Thread: Grrrrrr
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mkchic

Grrrrrr

ok need some advice, it always seems like I need advice from you guys. My husband has been clean for 45 days. He voluntary went to rehab 2 weeks ago. This is the first weekend that I can visit. I received a second letter yesterday stating that it is very important that I bring cigarettes for some other guy. Not even for him. It is a Christian facility that has a no tabaco policy. It is very important to me that my husband come home tabaco free. I am 6 weeks pregnant and I am struggling with quitting myself. I am doing a great job, but I know that if my husband comes home smoking, it will be very hard for me. I have expressed this to him. I am not sure why he thinks that it is so important for that other guy to have smokes. I think that this puts me in a very bad position. What if they get wind that I have brought those up there and I cant go visit him again. He will be there for at least 6 1/2 more weeks. My emotions are all over the place. If he is ugly to me when I get there, I dont know if I can take it. I really need to see him for my own selfish reasons. I am already struggling with my blood pressure this early in my pregnancy and I dont need the added stress. He can't have phone calls so I won't be able to tell him any of this before I get there. This has totally taken the joy out of my whole trip. Now, I am almost to the point where I think that it might be best to stay home. I know that addicts are selfish, but i thought that we were on a new page. This is the first selfish thing he has done in 45 days. Any thoughts?