View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

My Best Friend, who moved away when I was 11.. and I never heard from again.. David.. and I used to play cowboys and Indians.. but we learned about the Sioux and decided they were awesome. Pretty soon we just played being Sioux with lots of horses. We used to ride our imaginary ponies around and we had real good looking Winchester '94's that shot plastic bullets. We lost the bullets pretty fast but we would sneak up on imaginary foes and shoot them with our rifles.

Then there was the Great Tunnel and Underground Fort. In Albany, NY, the area is all sand from Glacial Lake Albany. You could dig a hole for the fun of it. David and I built an awesome underground fort... he got plywood from someplace and that was the roof... and we covered it with dirt so it was a huge "tunnel." If it had collapsed or if someone had driven into that vacant lot and on it, there would have been all kinds of trouble (and we could have died!).

But, no one died and we had the fort.....

David told my Dad he was going to marry me and we would have 3 children. I piped up and said yes to being married to him, but NO KIDS! LOL I knew my mind even when I was 11!

I think his parents divorced and that is why he moved, but I never knew. he just disappeared. The next year we moved out of Albany.

I have wondered for 40 years what ever happened to Dave. He was the first boy who ever kissed me. We decided it was more fun to dig tunnels than to kiss. LOL

Life is a mystery to be lived, not solved.